Sunday, January 19, 2014

plum pause

I've been waffling back and forth on what to write for this post. Or to even write anything at all. Because, really, who reads it? … Ok, there's about 8 of you as I can see from my stats, and even up to 12 or 15 on an "interesting post". Wowzas. Let's see, that's both parents, sister, my Gramma, Joy, Katrina, umm, a few others and there you go. To be honest I've felt very frustrated with how this has turned into a constantly revolving kids photo book for the grandparents to look over - though I know I'm guilty since I'm the one posting them! I want this to be more ... more for myself, more honest, more creative, more of anything except what it's turned into.

I had big plans for the New Year to re-focus this ol' blog of mine … but honestly, I just don't have the heart for it right now. And I'm not sure if I plan on continuing to post all those grandkids show-off photos either. I may now and then but I don't want to promise anything. I'm just going to take a break, if you don't mind. And if you do mind, well, sorry. You're about the only 8 or 12 who would care anyways. Or 15 if I were really interesting, ha!

10 comments:

Erin {pughs' news} said...

I'll always be here to read your blog, Cass. But while you're taking a break, how about we meet up for a chat and some Starbucks?
xo

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the January Blahs. You need a break. We all love the blog and wish we could have done this when we had ours at home. Instead we have faded little out of focus snaps that you can hardly see and no write messages to declare the joy we had in our growing families. You will never regret this amazing journal and we hope you come back to it in the future. Love Mom M.

Anonymous said...

I enjoy coming here and reading about what you and Sam and the boys are up to. But while you're on your break I'll stay updated on Facebook...and since you're in Victoria now hopefully we can get together more often
- Bailey

Anonymous said...

We'll miss it....

Anonymous said...

I do hope you come back! While I don't always comment, I probably check daily as I love to read what you are up to and the pictures (love the pics). You have inspired me to start a blog (haven't done it yet, but definitely the inspiration is there! :)) And I agree to the comment about you will never regret this amazing journal. Would love to see more, when you come back! :) Kim D

Anonymous said...

Ah Cass...I get how it ebbs and flows...this blogging thing. While you are craving a break I am finally feeling the pull to get back to blogging, though I'm almost certain the majority of my material will be one small boy and my thoughts on being his mum. What I did love about blogging was how it focuses me to really appreciate the little things that make up my life. Now, I find the days can easily slip into months and before you know it years and all I have is the odd journal entry in scrawled handwriting to remember my thoughts...so there is value in any blog posts. You are amazing at capturing the little and big moments in life and recording them! Your sons (and their wives one day) will be delighted to read all about the adventures of your 3. Take a break...but we'll miss you! Katrina

Faith Observed said...

No, not a break! :) I always take an unintended break from blogging and wish I didn't. You are an amazing blogger! You inspire us all. I don't know how you keep it going like you do.... it is incredible to have a journal to look back on and remember. I wish mine was more thorough! :) And I know you keep the grandparents happy with it - now that is a very important thing as happy grandparents = lots of good babysitting. just kidding:) I wish we could just hop over to the Island for a visit. XXXXXXX and I loved your Christmas photo. So nice to get it! Lots and lots of love , your guilty of not reading your blog but only b/c I am technologically challenged and haven't worked out how to get notification of it and then am too busy frantically trying not to be late for things that I forget about whatever is not in front of my nose! :) but nonetheless, love reading it whenever I do, friend, Liz :)

Faith Observed said...

No, not a break! :) I always take an unintended break from blogging and wish I didn't. You are an amazing blogger! You inspire us all. I don't know how you keep it going like you do.... it is incredible to have a journal to look back on and remember. I wish mine was more thorough! :) And I know you keep the grandparents happy with it - now that is a very important thing as happy grandparents = lots of good babysitting. just kidding:) I wish we could just hop over to the Island for a visit. XXXXXXX and I loved your Christmas photo. So nice to get it! Lots and lots of love , your guilty of not reading your blog but only b/c I am technologically challenged and haven't worked out how to get notification of it and then am too busy frantically trying not to be late for things that I forget about whatever is not in front of my nose! :) but nonetheless, love reading it whenever I do, friend, Liz :)

Dad and Mum said...

Sadness for me, felt the same when they stop producing Time Magazine!

Anonymous said...

I liked coming here now and again to live vicariously through you in Victoria..
Alta