Tuesday, August 4, 2009

don't we look fancy?

A major part of our trip home to the West Coast this summer was to attend our good friends Jeff and Shendah's wedding on the Sunshine Coast, just north of Vancouver. Sam was one of the best men and I was happy to get all gussied up as well to sit up at the head table with the rest of the wedding party. Henry had a fun sleepover at Auntie Bethany and Uncle Glen's for 2 nights (I've returned now to find out he did marvelously without his Mum and Dad!) and we savored a little getaway of our own before this next Baby arrives. Did I say "savored"?? ... yes sirree, as believe me, there was plenty of good food, poolside reading, drinks, laughs and photo shoots with friends, refreshing swims, and staying up late for the 1 am last dance of the night. The wedding itself was wonderful and we are so happy for Jeff and Shendah and so thankful for their friendship.

Here's just a teaser oceanside photo ... and once we are home again there will be plenty more to show off. From the wedding and from our whole 3 weeks holidays as well. If you know me at all, pleeenty more.

6 comments:

Donna said...

love it! your dress is BROWN and so lovely. Nice picture Cass and Sam.

Joy said...

Thanks for sending the picture. You two look FABULOUS! I'm glad your time away from Henry was fun and restful.

Cass said...

Actually, Donna, it's black ... I thought I'd match Sam's tux and well, it was my favorite try-on at the store! I felt pretty fancy for 30 weeks pregnant!

Brandi said...

Cass you look STUNNING!!!
very good looking couple. Glad you had a great holiday

Anonymous said...

I like the bare feet and big belly :)

Dad and Mum in Scotland said...

Great shots, and I'm glad you didn't slip on the wet rocks and krinkle your crin-o-line! You two look so wonderful - and Henry did well with Bethany and Glen!