Wednesday, March 14, 2012

notes

  • It's great these three are oblivious to all the changes around them. They don't care as long as they can read their Thomas books!
  • Our friend Eli flies in from Vancouver tomorrow to help us load up and drive the UHaul back to BC. Early morning departure, Saturday a.m.
  • My Dad's 65th birthday tomorrow too! (note to self: please, please don't forget to call him!)
  • I just ordered Downton Abbey with a gift card we were given ... so nice to have some fun mail to look forward to. (Joy, you can borrow it after us!)
  • Crazy spring weather here. I wore bare feet and flip flops to Safeway the other day.
  • Even in this chaos I must be neat, uniform and organized. Everything's labelled so nicely. Love that.
  • Felix always giggles when you pull his sleeve off and tickle his little armpit. Love that more.
  • Tickets are bought for The Hunger Games in IMAX with Erin ... You'll never hear a good word from me about the Twilight movies but I am excited to see The Hunger Games book brought to life. So yes, I'm joining the throngs of teenagers for this one!
  • I felt sentimental even saying goodbye to our Doctor this week ... well, 3 babies in 4 years ... that's alot of visits!
  • You know you're getting into the "camping in your kitchen" mode of moving when you make oatmeal for supper. But believe me, it was oatmeal extraordinaire!
  • It's so ironic that for all our talk of trying to move home these past 9 years ... I'm scared to do it. What if home isn't home anymore?
  • Hugged good friends goodbye today. Hugged and kissed my boys like crazy today. Didn't hug Sam today. I should have.
  • Even in all this packing, I still haven't found the sheets from the guest double bed. Last time they were out was when my parents were here after Felix was born. And I have no idea where they are. (note to self: not knowing where things are is my biggest pet peeve!)
  • 2 and a half years old and Walter still will not call me Mummy. You try and get him to repeat Mummy and he'll just say Daddy every time. He.will.not.budge. We will fall over when he does, you can count on it.
  • 3 and a half years old and Henry can stop wearing his Boots and Bar to bed at night in six more months. We will throw a big party when he does, you can count on it.
  • And I'm shocked, shocked, shocked to be awake at 10:31 pm writing this as I am so exhausted ...
So, goodnight.


3 comments:

Erin {pughs' news} said...

I love this post, Cass. So many random thoughts, but all tied together somehow.

I am super excited to see The Hunger Games with you! Two weeks from tonight!!!

Safe travels,
E xo

Anonymous said...

Oh, Cass. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts from this week. I've been thinking about you lots and wondering how everything is coming together for you.

Responses to your notes:

It's not too late to hug Sam.

I'm looking forward to Hunger Games, too.

I liked Twilight movies; didn't bother with the books.

Home will not be the same because you are not the same, but you will make it home, and you will LOVE being back on the island.

I'm looking forward to borrowing from you. Hadn't heard of the series.

Blessings on your travels, friend!

Dan & Hillary said...

Love the randomness.. And love Downton Abby!!!!!!