Had a consult with an OB/Gyn this morning. My Doctor's been concerned that some of the ligaments in my pelvis have been very tight and are not loosening up and wanted a 2nd opinion as to whether progressing with natural labour would be the best route, before we set out a time for an induction. {'Cause Baby's just settled in quite nicely still, thank you very much!} I've known about this for a few weeks and have not been told to be worried, but to be aware that this may put a slight hiccup in my 'no c-section' plan. The OB considers the shape of my pelvis "borderline" and yet thankfully he is willing to let me try to labour on my own, though knowing that we may only get so far. I know this only gives me a greater drive to not be forced to labour and push on my back, but to use gravity, movement, and more squatting/vertical positions as those are proven to open up one's pelvis by up to 30%. I'm so grateful that it was not a cut and dry forced c-section decision and debate and Sam and I are optimistic and trusting in the power and potential in my body to allow Baby and I to work together. Still, I'm glad too I know the risks and the potential for a completely different experience and I am ok with that. Ok - but ready to fight first.
So unless Baby makes a move this weekend we are scheduled for an induction Tuesday morning at 8am. See if we can still sneak in a September birthday! And with either Tuesday or earlier, I'll post on here when we have to head off to the hospital ... so stay tuned!
Do or Don’t: Ghost Lashes
1 week ago

6 comments:
Cass
Good luck this week end!!! Well you will just have to pull all the tricks in the book to start the labor. If you do get induced on Tuesday I wish you luck and will be thinking of you all week end
can't wait to hear the news
Take care
thinking of you and hope your little one is ready to meet the world before tuesday and that you can spend as much time at home before heading to the hospital, but if not tuesday sounds like a great day for this special birth-day...everything will go fine ;o)
all the best...you are in our thoughts!!
I will be praying for you, Cass! I know you are going to do great and that the Lord will give you the strength to handle whatever comes your way in the hospital. Thanks for the update!
i am sending my "healing touch" energy to you Cass - you will be strong i know!
You don't have long now, Cass, before Heather's prediction that she was so sure of is wrong, so here's hoping! Sharla
Wishing you good thoughts today Cass and Sam!
Post a Comment