Saturday, September 26, 2009

the first birthday party

The Birthday Boy is having his post-party nap right now ... and we've all enjoyed our first birthday party around here! Henry nibbled at his first taste ever of processed sugar but was really more interested in eating the colorful paper plate than anything else! His friends Isaiah and Olivia came over to play and Mum had her friends too, eating, talking, and eating some more. I knew, of course, I had baked way too much ... the dessert menu alone was fit for a church potluck ... but we all loved tucking into those three mini cakes (yes, three!) and cupcakes as well. Plus Monster Cookies, Rice Krispie squares, grapes, fizzy drinks ... oh, and an actual lunch too! Yessiree, I like to give my guests options!! I had fun putting on this little spread and creating some special touches just for Henry ... his "One Year" hanging photo mobile and the "Celebrate" banner ... a Mumma's gotta think of some crafty projects for home parties, right? Thank you to all my friends who were able to make it - won't next year be even more fun with both kids to enjoy a party together?!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear All, The day looked like a wonderful celebration and we have been there with you in our thoughts. The cakes looked fabulous and the decor and table so perfect for our little grandson. Happy Birthday ! Henry . love from Grandma and Grandpa Morgan.

Amy H said...

Looks like a great party. I love the hanging photo things! Happy birthday, to Henry! Matthew's first b-day was the first time he'd has sugar, too. We had to FORCE him to eat his cake!

Joy said...

Thanks for sharing this wonderful first birthday party with us! Thinking of you all...

Jason, Angie and Brady said...

Looks like a fun time was had by all!! You are supermom for pulling this off so soon before #2 arrives! Way to go mommy :)

Dad and Mum in Scotland said...

Looks like a Martha MacStewart fair Cassie - very nice 1st b-day for Henry. And giraffe is getting shared too. Can you freeze one of each goody for when we get there?

The Essons said...

Great job Cass! It looks like a wonderful time! I can't believe that at the end of this week you'll have another little baby! WOW! Enjoy these last few days as three :0)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Henry on Wednesday and I will be thinking of you on Friday! What a busy, BUSY week ahead. I am so happy for you and all of the blessings you have received in the last year. It is wonderful. You sure do make a cute baby and I can't wait to see pictures of the new little one. (What kind of Robeez will I get to send this time? I can't wait to know!)
Love, Chey.