Well he's still the one around here ... just the one. I can't believe that we can finally say "next week" we're having this baby ... but, yes, it's true. I got a call today to book my pre-surgery registration for next Wednesday and it looks like we're on for sure for next Friday, October 2nd, to have this baby. And I say thankfully as it's been quite a bit of pestering on my part with both my doctor and the surgeon to stick to that date, as Bethany's flying in on the 1st and so we're all planned for the 2nd around here. Although, I know, I know, unless this baby is determined to come early, but I'd be quite surprised if he/she did!
Sam {{finally}} finished the living room painting last night (and oh my, it's lovely) so we can finally put a semblance of normalcy back together downstairs. Just in time for Henry's 1st birthday party on Saturday ... which I'll be honest, is more of a party for this Mum with all her friends!! Then I'm out for a craft night with the girls on Saturday night and a coffee date with the same girls on Monday ... just squishing in all the baby-still-in-the-belly-fun-time that I can, while I can!
Henry is of course taking all this chaos and busyness in stride though he really has no idea of the big change to hit him next week, when Mum and Dad come home carrying a new screaming creature and his attention from Mum is not what it used to be! We had such hot, summery weather again last week but I'm afraid Henry and I didn't enjoy it too much - just sticking to the house, having long naps, and getting through a certain long to-do list of mine. I would have loved to have gone for walks or taken Henry to the park every day but walking has been out for quite awhile now, too much pain and discomfort this go-around. Henry, though, just plays and plays happily. He's been such a good boy, putting up with me and this disorganized house, and get him near his blue rocketship ball or his favorite books and he's a happy boy. I'm sure it won't be long before he's walking as he's up on his feet so easily now and walks along the couch with no problems, even giving us a show of a few seconds of all alone balancing, so we're not that far from it now.
So while we enjoy this one all alone for a few more days, we're also on pins and needles waiting for this second child ... wondering, always wondering, is it a boy or a girl in there?
I'm thinking boy.
And I really like boys.

6 comments:
Think about all the posting you'll do with TWO!!
We're looking forward to hearing THE NEWS!
I love Henry's little skeleton outfit! Praying for your family and very much looking forward to your news in the next couple of weeks.
Get ready for all the 'twins' comments in the coming years from strangers! A friend of mine here has two children, 16 months apart, and she is always getting twin comments now that the kids are a little older:-)
Anticipating the good news the next week or so!!
Lookin' good Cass! I will try and remember to pray for the typical breastfeeding hardships for you while I am feeding Joel:) Love you! Can't wait to see the new little one!
I enjoyed the 'Tropicana Henry' in the fridge - looking from 'grapes and cheese' or a 'Oh Henry bar'?
Stick out there, I mean, stick in there Hon - the day of your daughter's birth is fast approaching! Got to be pretty daunting, but you're the one, and will do a wonderful job!
Cass, Wow, next week, how time flies - wishing you the very best! Henry is such a handsome and happy looking little man - I am sure he will be an excellent big brother. We are looking forward to seeing your new arrival on line soon! Take good care.
Post a Comment